A mortgage specialist helps us better understand the headlines that tell us where rates are now - and where rates might be going next.
In our latest Move Smartly episode, Urmi Desai, Move Smartly Editor, talks to Rob McLister, mortgage analyst, planner and Globe and Mail columnist.
Rob's subscription service, Mortgage Logic News, provides data and insights on everything mortgage related.
Topics covered include:
- Why are some fixed mortgage borrowers seeing their rates go down?
- What is the bond market predicting for the Bank of Canada's next interest rate moves?
- To what extend are banking collapse fears overtaking fears about inflation?
- Isn't the risk of a recession and job loss still the biggest risk to the housing market?
- Why might buyers be back sooner than expected?
Ways to watch/listen:
- Click the play button above and watch video-in-blog
- Watch this episode on our Move Smartly YouTube channel with topic timestamps
- Listen to this episode on our Move Smartly podcast on Apple Podcasts
Urmi Desai is Founding Editor at Move Smartly, a leader in Toronto real estate news & analysis, and is Realosophy Realty's Chief Content Officer with responsibility for Realosophy.com and all consumer education and tools.
Urmi holds a B.A. in Political Science and English from the University of Toronto and an M.A. from the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (Trade Economics) at Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada).