What Personal Information do We Collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines "Personal Information" broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified.
Who We Are
Realosophy is a real estate brokerage registered and licensed in Ontario, Canada. The Toronto Real Estate Summit is a virtual real estate conference created and hosted by Move Smartly.
If you have any questions about Realosophy’s use of your personal data, please use the following contact:
Mail: 1152 Queen St E., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4M 1L2
Data Collection and Usage:
We may collect the following Personal Information and/or data for the Toronto Real Estate Summit:
- Contact information: your name, position, role, company or organisation, telephone (including mobile phone number where provided) as well as email and postal address;
- Business Information: data identifying you in relation to matters on which you instruct us or in which you are involved;
- Public Sources: e.g. Linked in and similar professional networks, directories or internet publications;
- Attendance Records: to record your attendance at the Toronto Real Estate Summit;
- Subscriptions/preferences: when you subscribe to receive paid content, updates or newsletters as well as consent preferences to help us identify which materials you are interested in receiving;
- Events data: attendance at and provision of feedback forms in relation to the Toronto Real Estate Summit.
- Social Media: posts, Likes, tweets and other interactions with our social media presence;
- Technical Information: when you access www.MoveSmartly.com website and our technology services being IP address, browser type and version (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system you are using (e.g. Vista, Windows XP, MacOS, etc), device type, hardware model, MAC address, unique identifiers and mobile network information;
Realosophy does not collect Personal Information about your online activities across third party websites or online services.
Communicating with Us
Realosophy may also collect additional information that you choose to provide in communications with us.
Personal Data Usage
We may use your personal data for some or all of the following commercial purposes:
- Service Provision: providing real estate sales services or real estate content and information tailored to your interests.
- Business Relationship: managing and administering our relationship with you, your company or organisation including keeping records about business contacts, services and payments so we can customise our offering for you, develop our relationship and target our marketing and promotional campaigns;
- Communication: sending emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of real estate developments, market insights and of our services and/or service offerings;
- Events: running and promoting real estate events, including the Toronto Real Estate Summit.
- Client Surveys and Feedback: including events feedback and client listening exercises as well as answering issues and concerns which may arise;
- Website Monitoring: to check our website www.MoveSmartly.com and our other technology services are being used appropriately and to optimise their functionality;
- Online Security: protecting our information assets and technology platforms from unauthorised access or usage and to monitor for malware and other security threats;
- Regulatory: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations as a real estate brokerage;
- Legitimate Business Interest: to pursue the legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- providing real estate services;
- managing our business and relationship with you;
- understanding and responding to inquiries and client feedback;
- understanding how our clients use and interact with our services and websites;
- identifying what our clients want and developing our relationship with you, your company or organisation;
- improving our services and offerings;
- enforcing our terms of engagement and website and other terms and conditions;
- operating suppressors to exclude you from direct marketing if you unsubscribe;
With whom do we share your data?
Except where allowed or required under the Act, we are precluded from collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information without your consent. It is our practice to obtain your express consent prior to, or concurrent with, collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information.
- Suppliers: who support our business including IT and communication suppliers, outsourced business support, marketing and advertising agencies. Our suppliers have to meet minimum standards as to information security and they will only be provided data in line with their function;
- Screening Service Providers: so that we can comply with legal obligations;
- Advertising and Analytics Service Providers:to support and display ads on our website, apps and other social media tools, including Realosophy’s emailing list and social media channels;
- Other Delegates: where your name may appear on the attendee list for events where you have told us you plan to attend.
We will hold your information securely in line with physical, technical and administrative security measures. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk. You should always take reasonable steps and precautions in protecting your Personal Information online.
Your Privacy Rights
The availability of these rights and the ways in which you can use them are set out below in more detail. Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact the relevant Data Privacy contact as listed in this Policy above.
- Access: subject to certain exemptions under the Act, you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal data;
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you is corrected;
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Objection: where we are processing your personal data based on a legitimate commercial interest (or those of a third party), you may challenge this in accordance with the Act. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information. You may have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Automated Decisions: you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered;
- Consent: where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent where you indicate such in writing. You may, at any time, withdraw or vary your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, and at such time we may inform you of the likely consequences of doing so.
As described above, you can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation. You can do this by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use the information you give us on our website or other means for direct marketing purposes to provide emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of real estate developments, market insights and of our services including events that we think may interest you.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. The Personal Information or data that you provide through these websites is not subject to this privacy notice and the treatment of your personal data by such websites is not our responsibility and we assume no risk in the event you share such Personal Information or data. If you follow a link to any other websites, please note that these websites are governed by their own privacy notices, which will set out how your information is collected and processed when visiting those sites.
From time to time, we may post testimonials on Realosophy’s website or social media pages that may contain Personal Information. We obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at the email address indicated above.
Realosophy may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, surveys and/or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). You should be aware that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who have access it. Any questions which you may submit through the Interactive Areas may be used for, during and after the Event but we will not be sharing or disclosing any Personal Information that identifies you.
All events are live streamed or recorded. The purchase of any event ticket constitutes a full release and waiver to use your likeness and/or photographs film, digital or video where you agree to participate in the Event through video.
We do not knowingly collect information from children or other persons who are under 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you may not submit any personal data to us.
Changes to this Notice
This notice may be changed from time to time in order to comply with changes to any applicable privacy laws and regulations or best practices, as determined by Realosophy. If we change anything important about this notice (the information we collect, how we use it, or why) we will highlight those changes at the top of the notice and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal data that we have obtained through this Event, please contact us as email@example.com.