School’s back and it’s time for our monthly Toronto-Vancouver real estate roundtable for September with Urmi, Steve and John!
This month, John and Steve explain what the fall real estate market might look like in Toronto & Vancouver based on what’s happening now and next.
Plus, we dig into how politicians at every level - federal, provincial and municipal - have led to markets in which $3 million dollars won’t get you a mansion in Toronto - or even a nice home in West Vancouver.
Along the way, we talk about:
- The Bank of Canada’s latest interest rate moves
- The latest political proposals from all federal parties, as the Progressive Conservatives, lead by Pierre Pollievre, are overtaking the current Liberal Government, lead by Justin Trudeau
- Ontario’s Greenbelt scandal
- Toronto’s potential ‘mansion’ tax
How to Watch/Listen:
- Click on play button above to watch on this blog post
- Go to our Move Smartly YouTube channel to watch this session there
- Go to our Move Smartly podcast to listen to this episode there
About This Series
Each month, MoveSmartly.com editor, Urmi Desai, talks to Steve Saretsky, Housing Analyst & Realtor at Oakwin Realty in Vancouver and John Pasalis, Housing Analyst, Broker and President, Realosophy Realty in Toronto about the latest data and on-the-ground insights in Canada's biggest residential real estate markets.
Email the show at email@example.com
Urmi Desai is Founding Editor at Move Smartly, a leader in Toronto real estate news & analysis, and is Realosophy Realty's Chief Content Officer with responsibility for Realosophy.com and all consumer education and tools.
Urmi holds a B.A. in Political Science and English from the University of Toronto and an M.A. from the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (Trade Economics) at Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada).