Realosophy's John Pasalis chats with the team at BNN Bloomberg to review Toronto real estate in 2019 - and discuss what's ahead for 2020.
I joined BNN Bloomberg to take a look back at the key issues that impacted the real estate market in the Greater Toronto Area in 2019 and what we might expect for the year ahead.
Here's some of the key topics I shared my views on:
- Experts are predicting a strong year for Toronto real estate in 2020 - can anything thwart this?
- What accounted for the strong price growth last month in Dec 2019?
- Why are listings down compared to the previous year?
- The luxury market seems to be slowing down here and in New York - why?
- What can policy makers do - if anything - to help avoid huge price increases or other shocks?
Click on image below to view full video >
John Pasalis is President of Realosophy Realty, a Toronto real estate brokerage which uses data analysis to advise residential real estate buyers, sellers and investors.
A specialist in real estate data analysis, John’s research focuses on unlocking micro trends in the Greater Toronto Area real estate market. His research has been utilized by the Bank of Canada, the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Follow John on Twitter @johnpasalis